Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bowling

In our endless search of entertainment, we stumbled upon bowling.  Personally, I did not discover the location, another expat wife did, but an invitation was extended to me.

When invited, my response was, "Sure, if only you promise not to think less of me after witnessing my awful bowling skills."  Her reply was, "My rules are, we begin at 300 and deduct pins."  The rules sounded in my favor, I was in.

It has been years since I have bowled.  I believe the last time was in Houston at a company event.  Needless to say, my skills have not improved with age, but surprisingly, they did improve yesterday.  I'm calling it complete luck, or maybe the helpful advice provided by my fellow bowlers.  The afternoon turned out to be fun, and it looks like we may have a new source of entertainment.  I will have to gather other's opinions, as to whether the bowling is entertaining or watching me throw endless gutter balls.

Starting off strong.  


Tami was the professional of the group.  She was bowling spares and strikes like it was her job.  

Our cuteness makes up for any lack of bowling skills.  

Tami giving Rose some professional advice. 

Adorable.  Notice all the pins are gone in our lane, and the dancing man on the screen.  Linda bowled a strike or spare, I can't remember.  

Shoe picture with the amazing carpet design. 

Score update.  Unfortunately, the dashes mean no pins.  But, if we are following Rose's rules, starting at 300 and deducting pins, then I am currently winning.  

I chose bowling balls that coordinated with my nail color.  Maybe that's why my skills are lacking. 

I wanted to document all the strikes (X).  Everyone but me. 

End of game one.  Anyone up for another game?  Sure, why not, I don't think I could possibly get much worse. 

Look at that!  A strike!  I don't think the Russians knew what hit them when I broke out into my happy dance.  

I couldn't let you think I had turned pro.  My strike was quickly outnumbered by gutter balls.   Sadly, I think my gutter balls are contagious.  Sorry, Rose and Linda. 

Happy dances all around.  Two strikes and two spares.  We were on fire!

End of game two.  I think this may have been my first time breaking 100.  I can't believe a perfect is 300.  Who does that!?!?

Celebrating 100.  Linda was a bit bummed.  Next time, Linda.  

No comments:

Post a Comment