Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Turkish Evening

I have become slightly obsessed with a couple food blogs.  Not only has it inspired me to try new culinary creations, but it has also inspired me to take more food pictures.  The pictures on the food blogs are fantastic.  I love to read about the cooking process, and greatly enjoy pictures that accompany each step.  Needless to say, I am inspired to put my food pictures on this blog.  My apologies if you are not interested in reading about our dinners, or seeing pictures.

Earlier this week, we had a Turkish evening.  I recently came across a recipe for Turkish burgers or kofte.  During our trip to Istanbul (last year), Ryan and I greatly enjoyed the Turkish food.  The variety of seasonings added a certain warmth and depth to the food.  This recipe included many seasonings (luckily I had all but one, and found a substitution for the missing) it also included a whipped feta sauce and cucumber-tomato salsa.  A definite keeper, and a lot of fun to prepare.

Unlike the food blogs I frequent, I have not perfected the art of cooking AND taking pictures.  I get too involved with the cooking process to stop and take pictures (or maybe it's the fact that I am dancing to Pandora radio too much).  Some may think this is annoying, to post pictures of food but for me, it's a hobby and something I have enjoyed more since our move to Russia.

The recipe calls for store-bought pitas.  No pitas here, so I made my own.  Only picture taken during the entire meal preparation.  

Love the colors of the cucumber-tomato salsa. 

Finished pitas.  I was proud of myself for this accomplishment.  

Turkish burgers.  Love the steam rising off the burgers (no smell capture option available on my camera). 

Since sweet potatoes are nonexistent in this area, I have become obsessed with roasted carrots.  I would not be surprised if Ryan and I develop an orange glow to our skin.   

Full dinner.  Our friend, Linda joined us for dinner.  She brought the grapes which I thought were the perfect addition!

Finished product.  The evening of this meal, we were all too excited to dig in, I forgot to take a picture of the assembled burger.  Luckily, I had leftovers for lunch and was able to snap a photo prior to digging in.  

Again, as I mentioned earlier, cooking has become a serious hobby.  Feel free to bypass any food postings if you are not interested.  I will do my best to "warn" readers of a food rambling.  If you see something you like, feel free to email and I can send you the recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment