Friday, September 21, 2012

Our next R&R....

I am in my seventh straight week in Russia, with 2 more weeks to go.  My travel itch needs some major scratching, or possibly medication.  It was briefly mentioned in my previous post; Ryan and I leave from Moscow for our R&R in exactly 2 weeks.

I do not go to the pharmacy for travel itch or seek the help of our company doctor.  No, I turn to this lovely book.....


This book provided countless hours of entertainment during our frequent power outages during the month of August.  It is a wise friend, one that provides interesting facts, best time to visit, local phrases, foods, etc. for every country in the World!  Our trip to Egypt, last November was inspired by this book.  We knew our second R&R was scheduled for November.  I browsed the pages to see what countries were the best to visit in November.  Our Honeymoon destination was also selected with the help of this book.  I knew I wanted to go somewhere warm, I began flipping through the pages, looking for warm destinations.  Hello, French Polynesia!  I always wanted to see Tahiti and Bora Bora, AND July was a good month to go.

Now that I think about it, this book doesn't reduce, but rather, it increases my travel itch.  It doesn't matter, I am willing to deal with any potential side effects.  I LOVE this book!

Back to the upcoming R&R.  Two clues:

Recently viewed and/or purchased movies.  

Current computer screen saver.  
Any guesses!?!?!

Two pages from my wise friend, the Travel Book......



We are going to ITALY!!!!!  


Ryan worked with a travel agent to plan our amazing Honeymoon, so I was in charge of our next (this) trip.  I channeled my inner travel agent and made us a fantastic travel itinerary.  
Small side note, even when I am in charge of planning a trip, Ryan is still in charge of all plane tickets and hotel reservations.  I DO NOT even attempt to tackle those tasks.  
He's the plane and hotel whisperer.  :)
Destinations include:
Naples
Pompeii & Mount Vesuvius
Amalfi Coast
Rome
Venice

We went back and forth between heading south to Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast or north to Florence and Pisa.  It was decided Florence, Cinque Terre, and Tuscany would be saved for a return trip to Italy.

Two weeks cannot pass fast enough, but once we land in Rome, Oct. 5th, time can stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment