Sunday, September 23, 2012

Date Night(s)

During Ryan's business trips, when I remain in Novorossiysk, the weekends are the toughest and loneliest.  I still do my normal, daily gym visit, and usually try to find something to occupy my afternoon time. Yesterday, I scheduled a hair cut (I love it).  But the weekends, are the days Ryan and I get to spend the majority of our time together.  His weeks are unpredictable, busy, and filled with work related obligations.  The weekends are his days to get in his workouts, get his adrenaline fix with mountain biking, and spend time with me.

Last weekend was especially nice.  We planned a Date Night.  He had heard of a hotel in Gelendzhik (Kempinski) and recently, a Chevron wife sent an email reminding us of this hotel and the restaurants.  Since I was in desperately in need of getting away from Novorossisyk (if only for a few hours), Ryan made reservations.  Date Night was scheduled, I was excited!

Any Novorossiysk expats reading this, I would recommend this hotel if you are able to sit outside.  The balcony table provided a nice view (nice sunset), and the tables are situated so you have a lot of privacy.  The waiters speak a little bit of English, and the menu is in both Russian and English (yay).  
Major downside, the hour and forty-five minute drive to get there.  

View from our table.  




Probably the best (and only) thing about having a driver.  No worries about ordering a bottle of wine, you don't have to drive.  

I wish I would have brought the better camera.
The blur on the left is an airplane taking off from the nearby airport. 

 

Saturday night Date Night was a success!  The only thing I wasn't able to fulfill, my craving for sushi.  So, one evening after work, Ryan and I had another Date Night.  He walked from work, I walked from the apartment, and we met at a nearby sushi restaurant.




I am looking forward to Ryan's return from the States, and meeting him in Moscow.  Our upcoming trip to Italy is much needed, and there will be many Date Night dinners and lots of quality time spent together.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment