Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mondays and Wednesdays

I have heard it's either tennis or golf.  Expat wives tend to choose a sport, and the choices seem to be either tennis or golf.  If I were to include our specific expat location, I would need to replace the golf with bowling. :)

My choice is definitely tennis.  Many years ago I participated in a couple small tennis camps, nothing intense, but enough to give me some basic skills (strong emphasis on the basic).  Over the years, I have occasionally picked up a racket and hit a few balls over the net.  Recently, another wife invited me to play tennis.  When her daughter was visiting this summer, she brought her racket, and they found tennis courts.  Luckily, her daughter left her racket, and I have been able to use it.

Our Monday and Wednesday mornings are spent at the tennis courts.  The weather has been absolutely perfect.  We have not encountered any rainy mornings.  Each morning has been sunny, warm (but not hot), and usually a light breeze blowing.  Linda is extremely patient and helpful, and has done an amazing job of teaching me some additional skills.  I forgot what an incredible workout tennis can be, a great cardio workout to start your day.

We have next week to continue our Monday and Wednesday morning tradition, and then I am off, jet-setting for our next R&R.

The other day, we had fun taking pictures. :)



We are currently trying to locate and reserve courts to use when the weather gets cold.  Our current courts are only outdoors, and we have been told there are covered courts in the area.  Hopefully it works out, and we can continue through the cold, wintery months.

No comments:

Post a Comment