Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bowling Part 2

I must admit, I am starting to wonder about my choice of activities.  I have now bowled twice in the pass two weeks.  If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was during the winter prior to our Russia move.  Ironically, it was with Chevron, and a couple of the ladies I have recently bowled with.

Bowling has never been a major choice of entertainment, and has always been a very random, few and FAR between event.  I am contemplating my recent choice of activities, because I always correlated bowling with an "older" generation (no offense to ANYONE).  With my recent bowling trips, I am learning that it is not bad, and can actually be a really entertaining time.  My slight change of opinion may be caused by my slight improvement in skills.  I threw (rolled?) fewer and fewer gutter balls. :)

One thing I know for sure.  A group of American women in a Russian bowling alley really causes a scene.  We are all about dancing, cheering, screaming, and trying to "drive" the ball with our hip and hand motions.  The bowling alley is not a quiet, relaxing setting when we are present.  Judging by the facial expressions of other bowlers and employees, I am guessing they find us "entertaining."

Monica, Stori, Kim

Winner for "most improved."  Margie started rolling plenty of spares and strikes.  

Always adorable, Linda. 

Happy dance. 

Granny roll.  

STRIKE. :) (right, Stori?)


Linda earns "best bowler."  Turkey, 3 strikes in a row!!!  Maybe we are all just really excited to go home for Thanksgiving. :) 

Group shot, minus Linda (thanks for taking the picture).
Back row, from left, Tami, Margie, Monica.  Front row, Kim, me, Stori. 
 
Now we just need to add our husbands to the mix and see what happens.  Definitely should make things interesting!  I think bowling is going to become a regular, especially when winter arrives.

2 comments: