Monday, March 19, 2012

Bintan Island, Indonesia

We knew Singapore was close to Indonesia.  We also knew we wanted to try and visit Indonesia, if possible.  Ryan put these thoughts into action, and scheduled our weekend in Indonesia.  Everything was very last minute, ferry and hotel was booked on Wednesday, we were scheduled to depart Friday.

Friday afternoon, I left our hotel in Singapore with our weekend luggage, and met Ryan at the ferry terminal (he was coming from work).  Ryan, once again, worked his magic and got us a later return ferry for Sunday, giving us more hours on the beach.  The changed resulted in a crazy last minute arrival of all our luggage to the ferry terminal (another test of my patience), but all was well, we were on our way!

We felt like we were in Greece again.  Luckily, this ferry ride was much shorter.  The weather outside was cloudy and rainy, but I kept my fingers crossed we would have abundant sunshine.

Mr. Super Worker. :)  This may have been a first, or at least the first time I have seen this: Blackberry open and resting on laptop.  

Hello Indonesia!  Nice to see you!

What's first on the agenda?  Find a nice, cold refreshment.  Drink in a coconut?  Don't mind if I do.

The next morning, we awoke to the sounds of the ocean.  The hotel had guests bungalows along the beach.   I crossed my fingers and tiptoed to the curtains, hoping for no more rain.  Oh, get excited!  Rain was gone, hello Mr. Sunshine.  The curtains were ripped open, Ryan was hurried along.  It was time for breakfast, and finding our spot on the beach.

View from our front porch.   




Ryan spent a lot of time swimming.  I spent a lot of time tanning.  We did take a walk along the beach to a smaller, offset area.


We found these little guys everywhere!  They would pop out of the sand as we were walking along.

I may have officially lost my mind with this blog post.  Me in a bathing suit.  

To make things even.  Isn't he sexy? :)  I snapped this photo, along with the next few during another walk.   
Spoon.  Need I explain the reason for foggy picture?  Really need to work on an anti fog lens, or my patience.  

Shoe.

View from the beach chair.  
After a long day at the beach.  We showered up and made reservations for dinner at a highly recommended seafood restaurant.  

Upon return to our bungalow, I discovered this little guy on our bathroom window.  Luckily, he was on the outside. Surprisingly, I remained calm and took a picture.

Restaurant view.  
Very nice man tried to take our picture.  Could not figure out flash settings.  We thanked him for his time.  Just put the background from the previous picture, behind us.  :)

Chili crab, you are so messy, and I have to put forth a lot of effort, but you are so tasty.  
Another weekend activity was a Mangrove Tour.  We did this one of the afternoons, but I will save that for the next blog post.  

To end this post, and to remind myself how drastically different weather can be around the world.  This picture was taken prior to our departure from the hotel.  We left the hotel, boarded a ferry to Singapore.  A long flight from Singapore to Istanbul, and then Istanbul to Moscow.  Upon arrival in Moscow, my skin was still slightly pink with sunburn, but our bathing suits were long gone.  We were back in our snow boots and winter coats.  :(  Very strange to put on snow boots, and say "ow, the thick socks are irritating my sunburnt feet." 

Thanks for the excellent weather, Indonesia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment