Sunday, March 11, 2012

Singapore Night Safari

We arrived a couple days before Ryan's training began, that gave us the weekend to explore.  One thing we noticed very quickly, malls, malls, and wait, more malls.  Our hotel was surrounded by malls, and malls lined the streets in all directions.


Hot, humid weather, mixed with my "patience" means camera lens fog.  


Our hotel.  I thought it had an interesting design.

We heard many good reviews about the Singapore Zoo.  The Night Safari sounded especially interesting.  

How many times have you been to a zoo at night?

Anyone that knows me well, knows I do not like being outside at night, and I am scared of any animal, noise, or movement in the dark.  But yes, I went.  I had only one scream moment when Ryan stepped on a drain cover and the noise startled me.  


Fire show

Picture before we entered the safari

I know it's really dark, but they had paws painted along the sidewalk. 


As we enter the safari, I am rambling on (as usual) and I say, "Ryan, I'm ok with this whole night, zoo stuff, but I do not want to go anywhere near spiders, bugs or snakes."  First destination, cave of reptiles, and all creepy, crawly creatures. 

With much encouragement from Ryan, I got a picture of scorpions (they were glow in the dark).  I figured I would at least see them, if one got out. 


Crazy looking boars.  A very active and noisy bunch.  Flash went off, I freaked, thinking they were going to attack.  A lovely security guard reminded me about the no flash policy.  

DEFINITELY made sure the flash was off, no need upsetting this furry fellow.   Needless to say, my night picture taking skills are lacking.  Camera was put away for the rest of our adventure. 

Another horrible picture, but I had to document this accomplishment.  Ryan took me into a large caged area.  Sign outside, "Warning, you are entering a caged area with flying bats."  I survived, the picture doesn't show anything substantial, but it was a major accomplishment.

The zoo was fun and adventurous.  Next stop, Universal Studios!!!  Ryan witnessed my extreme love for rides, roller coasters, and theme parks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment