Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gardening 2012

Momentary pause in Singapore posts.  

Yesterday, I sat on the kitchen floor, surrounded by soil, seeds, and containers.  A fantastic soundtrack was provided by Pandora, as I carefully read each seed packet, chose appropriate containers, wrote labels, and meticulously planted my seeds.  I restrained my overwatering tendency, and gave each container a splash of water.

 Sunshine, prayers, and luck are all that's left if these seeds are going to stand a chance.

I read covering the containers helps create a "greenhouse" effect.
I am not positive, but it's worth a try.  

Our gym room has the best and most sunshine.  

Last year, I was successful with my hot pepper plant and oregano.  My hot pepper plant even survived multiple assassination attempts by Ryan's frequent and lengthy business trips ( occurring while I was in the States in July & August).  Who knew pepper plants could not last weeks in direct sunlight without any water? :)  I decided my green thumb, and incredible doctoring skills excel with hot pepper plants (and my tummy greatly appreciates).

On the gardening ticket this year:
Asian hot peppers
Spanish hot peppers

Herbs:
Oregano
Sweet Basil
Lime Basil (sounded exciting)
Cilantro (really hope this grows...love cilantro, severely dislike Russia's cilantro availability)

New "challenge":
Green Beans...I did research, and found a variety that "supposedly" does well in container gardens.

Please remember, green thumb, we are on the same team.  Fingers crossed for an abundant gardening season, and many yummy meals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment