Friday, March 23, 2012

Russia without Macy

I am sure many of you are curious how I am handling Russia without Macy.  Things are actually going well.  Our trip to Singapore and Indonesia, and our upcoming trip to Houston has kept me busy.  I have also returned to my gym routine, Russian lessons, and will soon resume teaching English lessons.

A large amount of time is also spent cleaning, it's a habit and a personal obsession.  Recently, it has come to my attention, our vacuum seems to be acting unusual.  Never before, has it ever made a noise of vacuuming anything in our kitchen.  Yet, in Macy's absence, whenever I vacuum our kitchen, it goes crazy!  I hear it vacuuming all sorts of crumbs, and food particles.  And I thought I was a neat and tidy cook? :)  I wonder if Macy's absence has anything to do with this new development? :)

I know Macy is loving her time with Mama and Papa Pagels.  Any habits she may be picking up (morning peanut butter, and Keebler crackers) are fine by me.  She is loved (spoiled) dearly, and it brings me great joy to know she is in such good hands.  Shhh.....I even think Mama and Papa Pagels are quite infatuated with their furry, four legged grandchild.  :)

Macy in the backseat, waiting for Mama Pagels to come out of work. During my time in the States, I would borrow my mother's car.  When I would pick my mother up from work, I would often times take Miss Macy along.  Macy would sit and observe any parking lot activity with extreme dedication. 

Life in the States is grand.
Macy now has monthly puppy pampering.  She returns after her pampering sessions smelling fabulous, and looking fantastic.  

Always the lady.
I did not want her on my parent's furniture, but my parents allowed it.  Luckily, she is using her manners and sitting politely.  

So yes, I miss my little pumpkin butt.  Our apartment is very quiet, and I am missing my snuggle buddy.  As I mentioned earlier, I know she is cared for, and loved deeply.  Macy is going to have to go through an adjustment period when she returns to Russia.  

Thank you Mama and Papa Pagels, for taking care of Miss Macy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment