Friday, October 28, 2011

Everything is interim....

I posted last week about a variety of recent reads.  Since that post, I finished Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life by Shauna Niequist.  An absolutely amazing book, worth a read.

I believe it may have been the last chapter, but I read a paragraph that actually caused me to stop and write down a passage.

Everything is interim.  Everything is a path or a preparation for the next thing, and we never know what the next thing is.


So incredibly true.  Maybe it doesn't do anything for you, but just typing still causes me pause and shake my head.  It may be the culmination of everything that has occurred, changed, or developed in my life the past year or so, but this quote truly hits home.

For anyone close to me, you know what my life was like in Indianapolis.  Then the move to Houston.  And ultimately, the move to Russia.  So many things have happened and yes, I "knew" what was coming, but I never truly understood the intensity to which each of these would effect my life.  Even now, when I sit and think about everything, I always seem to have a "pinch me" moment.

I may think I know my "current path" and think I am making necessary "preparations" for the future, but in actuality, I have no idea what "next thing" Ryan and I may encounter.  What I do know, and I am positive, that the possibility of the "next thing" is so enticing.

What will our next thing be?!?!?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment