Monday, October 17, 2011

Italian Intervention

My brownies were a failure, but I have redeemed my kitchen diva status with a wonderful, homemade spaghetti dinner.  Ryan returned home from Moscow Saturday evening and he was not only greeted at the door by an overly enthusiastic Macy, but by the mouthwatering aroma of breadsticks, pasta sauce and meatballs.

After the breadsticks came out of the oven, before the meatballs went in.    Homemade pasta sauce, I didn't feel like jar sauce.  The theme of the night was rosemary.  I found fresh rosemary at the store and incorporated it in the pasta sauce and breadsticks. 

After one too many "GET OUT" Macy finally figured out her best way to help was from the sidelines.    I don't know if she is sad because she was banished from the kitchen or because she would not be partaking in the meal. 

Breadsticks.  Seasoned with rosemary, oregano, thyme, garlic and shredded cheese.    Brushed with a garlic olive oil mixture after baking.   First time making breadsticks, will (hopefully) improve with uniform sizing. 

Meatballs, pre-broiling.  Made from chicken, minced carrots and onions.   Seasoned with parsley,  thyme,  minced garlic and parmesan cheese. 

"Let us pull up a chair as I dining room proudly presents...your dinner."   Just a little Beauty and the Beast for all the Disney lovers. :)  No dancing plates or silverware at this dinner, but we did have some delicious wine, courtesy of our hotel in Santorini.  The wine was included in a gift package before leaving the island. 

Macy remained on the sidelines during dinner.  

Dinner was delicious.  My culinary skills have been reestablished and I am once again a kitchen diva.

1 comment:

  1. Virginia, the description of dinner made my mouth water. It was as if I was going to be joining you. Ryan is a lucky man. I also like Beauty and the Beast. From Brookfield.

    ReplyDelete