Monday, October 15, 2012

Amalfi Coast, Italy

We have reluctantly returned from an incredible trip to Italy.  I spent a lot of time planning our trip, and with anything that is planned, there is always a bit of apprehension as to the outcome.  Everything turned out very well.  It was a full 9 days.  We did not spare or waste a minute, and made the most of each moment in Italy.

As I walked around Moscow today (I was on the hunt for another Starbucks).  I found myself reminiscing about the warm, Italian weather of the Amalfi Coast.  I did not plan to begin the Italian posts so soon, but I could not help myself, and wanted to share the pictures with everyone.

We arrived in Rome late Friday night.  Saturday morning we boarded the train to Naples.  We were to spend 2 nights in Naples, with day trips to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii/Mt. Vesuvius.  Our driver, Gianni collected us at the train station and our Amalfi Coast tour began.

Destinations included, Ravello, Amalfi Town, and Positano.  What a beautiful, warm beginning to our Italian getaway.  I love looking through all the pictures, my favorite were of Ryan and I together.  After he was away for over 2 weeks, it was nice to have Ryan back.

Ravello

Amalfi Town


Restaurant near Positano

Positano
Click here to see the rest of our Amalfi Coast pictures!

We could not have asked for better weather or more beautiful towns.  Our Italian vacation was off to a fantastic beginning.  We were extremely tired after our late flight, early train and fun-filled day.  Quick dinner (pizza, duh) and off to bed.  Both of us were excited for the next day's plan, visiting Pompeii and climbing Mt. Vesuvius.

No comments:

Post a Comment