Thursday, October 18, 2012

Night Walk

Prepare yourself, there are many future posts about Rome, or shall I say Roma.  Until this trip, I had decided that London was my favorite city, and most desired place to live.  After the few days spent in Rome, my favorite city has changed.  I would absolutely love to live in Rome, it's no coincidence that Roma is love (amor) backwards.

After our train (love trains!) arrived in Rome, we were off to the hotel.  We took only a few minutes to check in, drop off our luggage, and then we were off!  Ryan had found a Night Walk Tour in our guide book, and thought it would be a great idea for our first night in Rome.  Well, since we arrived early afternoon, we had some time to kill before night came.  We didn't know it at the time, but we basically walked the entire Night Walk (and more) during the day, then again at night (and would walk this way many more times during our stay in Rome).  Needless to say, we had tired feet upon our arrival back to the hotel (8 hours later!!!).  With all the love we had for Rome, we didn't realize how long we had been walking.

love :)

fueling our walk

solidifying a future return to Rome
*see photo album*

I also wanted to make sure I returned

End of our walk

Ryan is holding our Rick Steves' Rome Pocket Guidebook.  This trip was my first time purchasing a guidebook, one for Rome and one for Naples & the Amalfi Coast (I couldn't find one specifically for Venice).  Both were pocket size, nothing too intense, but the perfect accompaniment to all our walking adventures.  It's thanks to this book that we had this night walk adventure, and able to provide you with informative captions (fueling my inner-nerd) for our pictures.
So, sit back, kick up your feet (our feet did all the walking for you), and take a stroll through Rome!
*To see photos, click on Rome!*

I don't know what my next post will include, but it will definitely be about Roma...love, love, love!

1 comment: