Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Naples, Italy

I spoke too soon about my cold, it has taken offense and has reared it's ugly self.  After a long night of sleep, I woke to what I refer to as "bobble head" syndrome.  Always the ornery one, I did not let it stop me.  Though, my cold did earn two well planned points at the gym.  My bobble head self hit my head twice, first on the smith machine bar and a second time on an opened locker door.  Nice job cold, nice job.....you've earned respect and I will be more willing to give you credit.

I also had a nail appointment today.  I thought my manicure would help to relax me, negative.  Alicia, my manicurist, kept trying to get me to relax my hands.  In my broken Russian, I tried to explain to her I had a cold (tapping on your head, and sniffing your nose always helps with the explanation), she was very concerned for my health and began explaining different tablets to take.  I responded I have DayQuil and NyQuil from America.  But, I must admit, my shiny, red, "Dorothy's slippers from the Wizard of Oz" nails look fantastic as they click away on the keyboard. :)

Ok, sorry for the long detour from the original beginning of this post.  NAPLES.  As I mentioned in previous blogs, Ryan and I spent 2 nights in Naples, but the majority of our days were spent on day trips outside Naples.  After our first day trip to the Amalfi Coast, and our later return, we decided to simply grab dinner (including gelato, obviously) and head to bed.  After our second day trip to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius and an earlier return to Naples, we decided to go out and explore the city a bit more.  We made reservations at Brandi's Pizzeria, birthplace of the Margherita pizza (mozzarella, tomato, and basil, also Italian flag colors), and spent the hours at dusk strolling along the harbor.



Probably the smallest photo album you will view from our trip to Italy, but still very worthwhile.

Enjoy a stroll through Naples and a meal fit for a queen.  

After arriving late Friday night and boarding a train early Saturday morning to Naples, we were excited to board a train back to Rome and take time exploring all its wonder.

Next stop, Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment