Monday, October 1, 2012

An Unintentional Collection

As I begin to gather my various travel staples in preparation for our trip to Italy (FRIDAY!!), I found myself browsing through our "money box."

Shortly after our move to Russia, Ryan and I travelled to Istanbul for a long weekend.  The Istanbul trip was closely followed by a Chevron training session in Aberdeen, and the beginning of our first R&R.  It was after our return, as I was sorting through our various currency, trying to organize (my middle name) that a friend gave me a wonderful suggestion.....start a money box.  It was simple, keep all your "leftover" currency from a trip in a baggie or envelope, then, if you visit that country (or a country using the same currency) again, you simply grab the leftover and use it to begin your next trip.  Wonderful idea!



We currently have a collection of 9 different currencies, not including the U.S. Dollar or Russian Rouble.  The organization tool has proven itself very handy on many occasions.  After our Honeymoon, Ryan was carrying four country's currencies in his wallet (Canada, French Polynesia, U.S., and Russia).  I was easily able to clean out the wallet (HA, not by spending).

It also has been easy to gather the few Euros we have stashed (leftover from our trip to Greece):


I have gathered some money, now I just have to start packing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment